The greatest invention since sliced bread, is the bread slicer. Being able to slice bread equally and evenly was the best way to treat all family members. Now no one gets a bigger piece than the other one. You save on fights and bad attitudes.
When you use one of the top 10 best bread slicer in 2018 you are ensuring that every piece of bread you slice is the same size. To find out which bread slicer made our top 10 best list simply continue to read our review.
It is packed full of vital information about bread and slicers to give you the head sup when you want to get a new slicer for your family.
The different varieties of bread
Depending on the type of flour you use, you can get a variety of styles and tastes when you buy or make your own bread. There are just too many to list here as some countries have over 200 varieties to choose from. Here are a few of the more commonly known varieties of bread:
- Whole wheat
- English muffin
As you can see you get a lot of choice when nit comes to eating bread.
Healthy reasons to eat bread
There are some family members who may not like bread. Which is too bad as you get a lot of healthy benefits from eating your favorite and not so favorite types of bread. Here are a few reasons why eating bread is so good for you:
- Energy– bread has a way of providing you with the food energy you need to make it through the day
- Prevents some diseases– you get protection from cardiovascular issues, high blood pressure, colon cancer, type 2 diabetes, strokes, and obesity
- Longer life– according to some studies, eating bread is linked to a longer life span. Just check the health protection benefits above to see why
- Contribute to weight loss– the high fiber content of bread helps fill you up so you eat less. Also, some breads digest slowly keeping those hunger pangs away
- Digestion help– Eating the right breads helps maintain your digestive system at peak levels. You also stay consistent in your bathroom breaks
- Healthy skin & hair– the protein and B vitamins found in bread contribute to the health of your skin and hair
Our bread slicer reviews
- 10. Kenley Bamboo Bread Slicer
- 9. Silky Road Bamboo Bread Slicer
- 8. Kitchen Naturals Premium Bread Slicer
- 7. DB-Tech Bamboo Foldable Bread Slicer
- 6. Isino Bamboo Manual Bread Slicer
- 5. Norpro Bread Slicer
- 4. Fshopping foldable bread slicer
- 3. Sierra Based LLC The Bread Pal Bread Slicer
- 2. BlackHillsbyDesign Bread Slicer
- 1. Yummy Sam Bread Slicer
10. Kenley Bamboo Bread Slicer
Made from bamboo, this bread slicer is strong, durable and good looking. Bamboo highlights a kitchen like no other utensil or appliance you currently use. Also, you can put just about any variety of bread inside and get even cuts every time.
You also get a choice in how to think you slice each piece. Your thickness, from 1/3 to 3/8 to 1/ inch thick, is all up to you and your preference. Measuring approx. 12 by 9 by 7 1/ inches, it is large enough to handle most bread loaves.
When you do not need it, all you have to do is fold it up and put it away. It does not take up much space in your drawers or cupboards. A damp cloth cleans it up nice and easily.
9. Silky Road Bamboo Bread Slicer
With this bread slicer, you are given a bred cutting knife for free. The bread slicer is made from bamboo and the knife from stainless steel. It is sharp enough to handle any type of bread you want cutting.
You can adjust the width of the slicer to fit almost any variety you like to eat. Plus, the crumb catcher keeps the mess contained and to a minimum. A knife rest on the front end of the slicer gives you a place to put your knife when you have finished cutting.
This feature protects you from any accidents that may happen. Also, you get your choice of thickness. You can choose 3 different cutting spots to get a slice from 1/ inch to a 1 ¼. Your bread, your taste buds, your choice.
8. Kitchen Naturals Premium Bread Slicer
Made from bamboo, this bread slicer comes with several nice features. It can fold up for easy storage, has a knife slot to hold your knife and it has a built-in crumb catcher. You can keep themes cutting bread makes to a minimum.
If you would like to preserve its look, then you can always put the bread slicer in its own included storage bag. Plus, you know that bamboo is healthy for you. This bread slicer is bacteria free.
You can also adjust the back end to make the bread slicer smaller as your loaf of bread grows smaller. The crumb catcher is easy to empty and all you should need to do is wipe it with a warm damp cloth.
7. DB-Tech Bamboo Foldable Bread Slicer
When size matters, you do not want a bread slicer that is too large for your apartment’s kitchen. This compact bread slicer should fit into most small kitchens or kitchenettes without trouble.
Made from bamboo, this unit measures only 12 x 7 ½ x 6 ½ inches in size. It folds up to an even smaller size when not in use. You also get 3 different thickness sizes to choose from. How thick you want your bread depends on what you are going to do with it.
If you make 2-pound loaves of bread or let it rise to 4 ½ inches high, you can still fit those loaves inside this bread slicer. Its bamboo construction is sturdy, strong and durable.
6. Isino Bamboo Manual Bread Slicer
This bread slicer is designed for those bread loaves that are made in a bread machine. You can adjust the guide arms up to a maximum of 5.9 inches. This gives you a little flexibility in slicing your bread.
The innovative fastener feature provides better stability and helps make cutting time a little quicker. As you slice to keep the knife tight against the guide arm. You can still slice different thickness of bread with this unit.
The sturdy bamboo is treated with natural vegetable oil and beeswax to help prevent mold from getting a foothold on the unit. It folds up when not in use and a built-in crumb catcher does most of the cleaning work for you. Just wipe it clean and it is ready for the next time you need it.
5. Norpro Bread Slicer
The clear acrylic guide lets you see what you are doing as you slice away. The plastic material combines with the wood crumb catcher to give your kitchen a contemporary look. You shouldn’t have any crumb mess with this bread slicer.
Then the acrylic and wood combination makes for a very stable, durable and easy to use bread slicer. It should stand up to years of use. When filled, the crumb catcher can be removed and emptied.
The plastic slicing guides ensure that every slice you cut is exactly the same size as the one you cut before it. When cleaning do not soak the wood, just wipe it clean and it is good to go. The built-in crumb catcher leaves you few crumbs to clean up.
4. Fshopping foldable bread slicer
You can accent your kitchen with this red colored plastic bread slicer. When you pull it out of its storage spot, you can use it to slice more than just bread. This slicer will handle cheese, meat and possibly some vegetables.
Measuring 8.27 x 4.74 x 5.51 inches, you can get a 2-pound loaf inside with no hassles. Then the guide arms are flexible plastic. This helps prevent any breaking of the arms when you use it.
Like other bread slicers, you get a choice in how thick you want your bread slice to be. Of course, that thickness depends a lot on what you are using the slices for. When not in use, it can fold up and be put away without taking up much space.
3. Sierra Based LLC The Bread Pal Bread Slicer
Made from two sturdy and dependable woods, maple and birch, this bread slicer is designed to last you a long time. It should handle your daily bread slicing chores with little trouble. These woods also do not splinter keeping wood bits out of your bread.
If you do have a problem or the bread cutting surface gets damaged, the surface is easily replaced. You can have your bread slicer looking like new again. The unit is spring loaded so be careful when you first open it. It may surprise you at how fast it opens.
Just twist the knife guides to the self-locking position, add the bread stop and you are good to go. Slicing bread hasn’t been this easy in decades.
2. BlackHillsbyDesign Bread Slicer
When a bread slicer is made from maple, you know it is made to last. Maple is a hardwood that takes a beating without being damaged. 4 grooves allow you to adjust the guide arms to accommodate the different thicknesses of bread loaves.
Also, the round tops of the guide arms make it a little bit easier to insert your knife when cutting the next slice of bread. A backstop has been added to make sure your brand stays inside where it belongs.
When not in use, you can put the guide arms & backstop underneath the crumb catcher. Use the little grooves to hold everything in place. You have a choice of hardwoods to match your kitchen décor.
1. Yummy Sam Bread Slicer
You do not have to pay a lot of money to slice your bread. If you are on a fixed income sometimes cheaper is better than nothing. This plastic bread slicer will meet anyone’s budget and do the job you want.
Plus, you can slice your bread up to 4 different thicknesses. When you are finished slicing your bagel, you can also cut the ham and cheese for that bagel sandwich you have been craving.
Also, the anti-skid foot design makes sure the slicer stays still as you slice. The unit is made from top quality ABS resin and is designed to last for a while. When not in use, you can fold it up and put it away till next time you want bread.
Why eat bread
That is a good question. Aside from the health benefits we talked about above, there are some very good reasons why you should eat more bread. Here are just a few of those reasons:
- It’s convenient– it is very easy to reach into the bread box, pull out a couple of slices, put some butter, jam or peanut butter on it and eat away. You can have a healthy snack in less than a couple minutes.
- It’s inexpensive– bread does not cost a lot of money and you get a lot of snacks and sandwiches from one loaf
- It’s versatile– You can put so many different toppings on bread and still have it taste good. From grilled cheese to individual bread pizzas, the selection is innumerable
- It tastes great– even without the toppings bread still tastes good by itself or with a little butter on it.
- It is healthy– as we said before, bread is packed full of the necessary vitamins and minerals your body needs to function at optimum levels
Some final words
To get the full benefit of your loaf of bread, you need a good bread slicer. These devices help get you the thickness you want and cuts evenly every time. When you turn to one of the top 10 best bread slicer in 2018 you know you are using a good product.
These slicers ensure that every member of the family gets the same size of bread. Keeping peace in the family is what helps make a very good day