Games serve a purpose they help people to relax and wind down after a long stressful day. One game that is good at helping people relieve stress is darts. To get the most out of your dart game you should switch to one of the top 10 best electronic dart board in 2018.
These games usually keep the score, lets you know how many games you and your opponents have one and keep accurate track of dart placement. By using one of these top 10 dart boards, you can save a lot of fighting between friends.
If you are not sure which electronic dart board made our top 10 best electronic dart board in 2018, just continue to read our review. It is filled with the necessary information to guide you to one of the best of the best electronic dart boards on sale now.
Using the best equipment is the way to maximize your fun when you play games.
Tips for throwing darts
You may have played the game of darts as a kid and think you know how to throw one. There actually is a technique that will help you get a better thro and a better score. Of course, no technique is good unless you practice and practice.
- Find your style- everyone throws a bit differently, so find a stance and throwing style that is comfortable for you
- Keep your movement small- too much movement can throw your aim off. Keep your shoulder still on your throwing arm
- Be consistent- in your motion and your release, find the right moment to let go of the dart for you and stick with that decision
- Don’t float- in other words, snap the wrist so the dart is released strong and frim. Floating the dart will not help you
- Follow through- this is a must. Let your hand finish its motion so you get better accuracy and more zip on your dart
- Our electronic dart board review
- 10. Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 Electronic Dartboard
- 9. Arachnid Cricket Pro Electronic Dartboard
- 8. Arachnid Cricket Pro 300 Electronic Dartboard
- 7. Fat Cat Electronx Electronic Dartboard
- 6. Fat Cat Mercury Dartboard
- 5. Viper 800 Electronic Dartboard
- 4. Franklin Sports Electronic Dartboard
- 3. Viper Specter Bilingual Electronic Dartboard
- 2. Best Choice Products Electronic Dartboard
- 1. Viper Showdown Electronic Dartboard
Our electronic dart board review
10. Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 Electronic Dartboard
The game automatically keeps score and can handle up to 8 players playing at the same time. The nylon constructed dartboard brings a lot of strength, durability and toughness to the competition. It should last you through years of exciting tournaments.
To protect against bounce outs, the makers of this dartboard have made the dividers very thin. When you get this set you also get 6 soft tip darts, extra dart tips, adapter and mounting hardware.
Also, you can play up to 40 different games with almost 200 variations. A heckler feature gives you a real tournament feel and comes with 3 different levels of heckling. A volume control helps you to hear your score without trouble.
9. Arachnid Cricket Pro Electronic Dartboard
This 15 ½” electric dartboard is packed full of fun and games. You can play up to 24 different games with over 125 variations to all those games. The electronic scoreboard keeps score for up to 8 players at one time.
7 buttons give you access to all the features, games and fun this dartboard contains. Also, the dividers are kept very tiny, so you do not have as many bounce outs as other games allow. Made from nylon, you know that this game is durable and long lasting.
The dart board will let you know when it is the next player’s turn. You get 6 s tip darts, extra tips, adapter and the mounting hardware when you purchase this game set.
8. Arachnid Cricket Pro 300 Electronic Dartboard
You can fill those long, boring hours on a rainy Saturday or Sunday afternoon by playing the many games included on this dartboard. You get 26 different games to play with 170 variations to keep your interest.
The board measures 13 ½ inches in diameter and uses an LED scoreboard to let you know your score. A computer vice lets you know when it is time for the next player to take their turn. A total of 8 players can play the same game at once.
6 soft tip darts, extra tips and mounting software are all included when you purchase this set. It is a nice starter set to build your skill and get experience playing darts.
7. Fat Cat Electronx Electronic Dartboard
Protect your electronic dart board with the swing doors built onto this set. The cabinet protects the game and the electronics from damage when not in use. The dart holes and the dividers are built in such a way to reduce those nasty bounce outs that take place from time to time.
You can sharpen your skills with the 38 different games, 167 variations and 5 skill level settings. Also, you can play by yourself or let up to 7 friends or family members join you. The easy to read LCD display keeps score for all players.
6 darts, extra tips, an adapter and the mounting hardware are all included when you buy this electronic dartboard. The cabinet doors will hold your darts for you when you are not playing.
6. Fat Cat Mercury Dartboard
6 soft tip darts come with this set and make playing a lot more fun. They fit into the specially designed target holes and miss the tiny dividers so you fewer bounce outs. The ABS plastic cabinet will protect your artboard and hold your darts when you are not playing.
Its easy to read LCD display and control panel allows you to keep accurate track of your score and whose turn it is. An LCD cricket scoreboard is included and is located inside the one cabinet door.
Also included in this set are extra tips, the power adapter and all the hardware you need to mount it correctly. 34 games with over 180 variations at 5 different skill levels are also a part of this dartboard set.
5. Viper 800 Electronic Dartboard
The playing surface on this 15 ½” dartboard is made of a tough resin. This provides you with the security that the surface will last you a long time. Each divider is very thin to minimalize bounce outs, as well as allowing better dart groupings for those inning shots you need.
Besides the 6 included darts, mounting hardware and adapter, you also get 57 games with over 300 options and up to 16 players can play at the same time. The built-in storage will hold up to 6 darts and another small pocket will hold your extra tips.
Both the control panel and LCD display are easy to read, use and understand. 11 buttons give you access to al the features and functions of this dartboard.
4. Franklin Sports Electronic Dartboard
This simply designed electronic dartboard comes with 6 darts and a 15 ½” target surface. The multi-colored surface is made form tough plastic materials which will stand up to the treatment you throw at it.
The easy to use control panel gives you access to all 28 games and 167 variations. Plus, the dartboard will automatically keep score for you. Its LCD display is not difficult to read, and it will keep track of the scores of up to 8 players.
The included power adaptor removes the need for batteries. Also, you get 6 spare tips just in case the original ones break or are damaged. The board is also easy to set up and put on the wall.
3. Viper Specter Bilingual Electronic Dartboard
Now you can boast your high score in two languages. This 15 ½” dartboard speaks in both English and Spanish. The hard resin target surface is designed t reduce bounce outs with its larger holes and thinner dividers.
Then when you get tired of playing regular darts, you can choose from one of the 50 games and over 700 options available on this set. One drawback to this game is that it can only keep score for up to 4 players.
The other drawback is that you have to buy the adapter or batteries separately Neither are included with this game. 3 AA batteries will do the trick. You get 6 darts and mounting hardware though, so you can put this board up and start playing out of the box.
2. Best Choice Products Electronic Dartboard
The dartboard’s protective cabinet will hold all 12 included darts. If the game is not used after 10 minutes will go into sleep mode. The LCD scoreboard allows for up to 8 players at one time. The control panel is easy to use, and 7 buttons grants access to all the features of this dart board.
You have the option to choose between 27 games and the over 200 variations that are a part of this system. Overall the dart board measures roughly 19 by 21 inches with a large target area to aim at.
Its plastic construction materials are durable, strong and should last you for years. No assembly is required but you do have to have your own mounting hardware.
1. Viper Showdown Electronic Dartboard
A 15 ½” target size, large dart holes and thin dividers make for a very compelling dart tournament. Along with all of this you get 6 soft tip darts and mounting hardware. The design of the target is meant to reduce any bounce outs that may take place during the course of a game.
The easy to read LCD display tracks the score of up to 8 players at once. It also provides you with some scoring statistics as well. Its control panel uses 6 buttons to give you access to the different features, the 32 games, and over 500 options.
3 AA batteries, not included, are what you need to power this dartboard and have it keep your score.
The basic rules of darts
If you are going to by the dartboard, you need to know the rules of darts, at least one version of the game. The instruction manual that are included with each dartboard should have the rules for other versions. Here are the rules for one style of darts:
- Standard height from floor to bullseye is 5 feet 8 inches
- Standard distance between target and throwing line is 7 feet 9 ¼ inches
- The game of 501 the first player to 0 wins
- Matches are called legs not games. So you would have a best of 5 legs instead of a best of 5 games
- A set is determined by the number of best of ___ legs. 1 set = best of 3, best of 5 and so on legs
- Double start means that to score a player must hit the double square first
- 3 darts per player per turn
What to look for
Here are some tips to guide you when you are out searching for one of the top 10 best electronic dart board in 2018:
- Target size- for novices, the larger the better but 1 to 15 ½ inches are standard sizes
- Accessories- do you get extra dart tips, all the hardware, the adaptor or not. You want as many included items as possible. Do you need batteries?
- Game options- how many games are included in with the dart board? Ho many options do you have. Ho many sill levels. Usually the more the better is the rule here.
- Warranty- read the fine print to make sure you know how much coverage you actually have and for how long
- Price- find one that is affordable and not a budget breaker.
Some final words
The game of darts is a great way to pass a boring rainy afternoon. It is also a great way to socialize with family and friends. Using one of the top 10 best electronic dart board in 2018 is the way to make those fun times better.
These games last longer, they keep score better and they have more options. Next time you looking for a dart board consider picking up one of the 10 best.