There are those activities that make so much noise that you need to wear some sort of hearing protection to make sure you don’t damage your eardrums. One example is when you go to the race track and hear the loud race car engines.
This is why you need one of the top 10 best electronic hearing protection in 2019. These devices are designed to do more than just protect your ears. They cancel out noise, supply music and much more.
Your hearing is important. That is why you should take all precautions available to protect your hearing when your hobbies and other activities threaten your eardrums. It is a smart move to use the best ear protection around.
If you are not sure which types of ear protection made our top 10 best electronic ear protection in 2019, simply continue to read our review. It is filled with information to help you protect your hearing.
Pros & Cons of electronic hearing protection
When you get your pair of electronic hearing protection earmuffs or headphones, you may or may not like them. They are not for everybody. Everyone has their preference. Here are pros and cons for these ear protectors:
- Simplicity- they are easy to use, put on and take off. They act just like regular headphones here
- Compatibility- you can listen to music and possibly take phone calls while working in high noise areas.
- Training- no real training is needed to work with or use these ear protectors
- Saves money- these may have a bigger price tag than earplugs, but you only need to buy them once. With earplugs, you have to keep buying them when they wear out
- Difficult to lose- earplugs are small and easy to misplace. You shouldn’t have trouble hanging on to electronic hearing protection unless someone takes them from you
- Environmentally friendly- since you can use these ear protectors over and over, you are helping the environment by not throwing lots of ear plugs
- Insert- you do not have to insert them into your ear. This protects your eardrums from any mistakes that happen when you insert earplugs too far
- Storage- they are a little bulky and will take up more space in your toolbox, locker or car than ear plugs
- Cleaning- takes longer to clean than earplugs. You may need a special cleaner as well. This costs a little extra.
- Uncomfortable- on hot days you can sweat a lot. This may make those ear protectors uncomfortable to wear
- Interference- these can interfere with your wearing safety goggles
- Replacement- you may need to replace damaged or worn out head cushions
- Pressure- it may apply a little pressure to your head making it difficult to concentrate on what you are doing
- Restriction- may restrict head motion placing you in a more unsafe situation
- List of Our Electronic Hearing protections review on Amazon.com
- 10. Champion Traps Electronic Ear Muffs
- 9. Walker’s Game Alpha Power Muffs
- 8. Howard Leight Electronic Shooting Earmuff
- 7. FSL Patriot Electronic Earmuff
- 6. Howard Leight Sound Amplification Electronic Shooting Earmuff
- 5. Walker’s Game Electronic Hearing Protection
- 4. Caldwell E-Max Electronic Hearing Protection
- 3. 3M PELTOR Tactical Digital Earplug
- 2. Etymotic GunsportPRO Earplugs
- 1. Etymotic Research High-Fidelity Electronic Musicians Earplug
- Related Posts
List of Our Electronic Hearing protections review on Amazon.com
10. Champion Traps Electronic Ear Muffs
When you are doing your loud hobbies, it pays to have a great set of electronic ear muffs along for the adventure. This unit uses 4 AAA batteries to help protect your ears as you shoot.
Each ear has its own on and off button, so you can individually control the protection for each ear. The built-in microphones help you control the outside sound and lets you hear with them on when the shooting has stopped.
The technology includes in these headphones block out sounds that are dangerous to your ears while letting you hear those sounds you need to hear. When not in use, they will collapse in size for better storage.
9. Walker’s Game Alpha Power Muffs
You do not get a lot of wind-related sound with these wind-resistant ear protectors. The built-in microphones carry top-quality technology to block out the sounds you shouldn’t or do not want to her while letting those sounds in that you do.
The individual volume controls let you stay in control of what you hear and when you want to hear it. The 5 level settings make it easier for you to adjust the sound levels. Both microphones are stereo equipped letting you hear properly.
The adjustable headband allows almost anyone to use these ear protectors. Their one drawback is that they are not comfortable to wear all day long. They are great for short term use like shooting ranges
8. Howard Leight Electronic Shooting Earmuff
The built-in microphones produce sounds up to about 82 DBS. This is still within safe listening ranges. An automatic shutoff feature turns amplification off when that level is reached. Also, rubberized pressure points let you use these protectors for almost any noisy activity you do.
After 4 hours, the ear protectors will turn off to save the batteries. With 2 AAA batteries, you should get around 350 hours of listening use and ear protection. A cord is included which hooks up to your MP3 player and other devices, so you can listen to your favorite music as you work or play.
Their only drawback is that they may not be adjustable. Make sure to find them in the size that comfortably fits your head.
7. FSL Patriot Electronic Earmuff
With the 2 AA batteries it takes to power these electronic hearing protectors, you get up to 30 hours of continuous use. These earmuffs are designed to block the loud noises of gunshots, etc. while letting in those other lower sounds you need to hear.
You can carry on a conversation while still blocking out loud noises. The good news here is that these ear muffs are adjustable and should fit any size head. Also, the 28db SNR rating means that your ears are protected no matter what.
Designed to be lightweight, they are not in the ay when they are not in use. Easy to carry and store when you do not need them.
6. Howard Leight Sound Amplification Electronic Shooting Earmuff
The automatic decibel shutoff makes sure your ears are not treated to sounds higher than 82 DBS. Their 22 NRR, or noisy reproduction rating, makes them an ideal tool when you are practicing your loud hobbies.
Also, their low-profile design keeps the ear muffs out of your ay while still covering totally covering your ears. You also get the volume control, AUX jacks and a 3.5mm power cord to attach other devices. While you protect your ears, you can listen to what you want.
2 AAA batteries are all you need to power this unit and you should get roughly 350 hours of use, depending on how often you use them. An auto-shutoff feature kicks in after 4 hours.
5. Walker’s Game Electronic Hearing Protection
The very thin ear cups keep this unit from interfering with your activities while still protecting your eardrums from dangerous sounds. 2 built-in omnidirectional microphones allow you to pick up lower sounds from any direction.
Its 23 DBS NRR makes these a top-rated ear protection unit and allows the protectors to cap your listening level at 89 DBS. The adjustable headband makes these ear protectors easy for anyone to use.
2 AAA batteries, included, power this unit and one dial controls the volume for both ears. Then you get the usual 3.5 audio jack to connect to your favorite music sources. Also, you get clear natural sounds with ease while the louder sounds are blocked.
4. Caldwell E-Max Electronic Hearing Protection
The 23 lbs NRR rating makes sure that you do not hear sounds above a safe 85 DBS. Then the adjustable headband and ear cups help keep this unit very comfortable to wear. Their low-profile design makes sure the ear cups are out of your way when you are busy shooting or doing some other activity.
This lightweight pair of ear protectors come with the standard 3.5mm audio jack, volume control, and folds up nice and small for better transporting and storage. 2 AAA batteries, not included, power the unit so you can have the best protection for your ears.
A power indicator light lets you know when you need to replace the batteries. The 2 built-in microphones provide you with stereo sound.
3. 3M PELTOR Tactical Digital Earplug
This unit is for those people who do not want to wear bulky and sometimes uncomfortable headphone ear protectors. The headphones just get in the way of their activities and make it more difficult to move.
You can slip these into your ears and still receive great ear protection. The batteries are rechargeable, and the earpieces are water resistant. Their carry case is also their charger and you get 4 replacement tips just in case you need them.
They will work in temperatures up to 122 degrees F. Plus, they are so lightweight you may forget you have them in your ears.
2. Etymotic GunsportPRO Earplugs
When you do not like headphone ear protection, these in the ear earplugs work just as well and let you concentrate on your next shot. They will protect your ears from loud noises while letting normal sounds through.
A single switch operates the amplification feature, letting you hear lighter sounds further away. The amplification system still blocks out loud noises. All you need to power these ear protectors are #10 zinc-air batteries.
The set includes earplugs, extra filters, a filter removal tool, neck cord, and a handy storage case. A one-year warranty protects your investment in these ear protectors. They are so little no one should know that you are wearing them.
1. Etymotic Research High-Fidelity Electronic Musicians Earplug
Musicians need ear protection just like anyone else. They are constantly next to loudspeakers that produce high noise levels. Their amplification feature helps musicians hear each other as they play.
Plus, they are designed to fit comfortably inside your ear and still be tight, so they remain securely in place. You get an automatic 15 DBS sound protection when the noise goes above safe levels.
When you buy this set of ear protection you get a carrying case, batteries a cleaning tool, extra ear tips, and a neck cord. The neck cord helps ensure that you do not lose them when you take them out of your ears. They are great t use even if you are not a musician and just part of the concert crowd.
Sound level safety
A lot of people do not know what sound level is actually safe for them and their hearing. It seems everyone has a different opinion on how loud the noise can be before your ears start getting damaged. Here is a handy little chart to help you figure out your safe sound levels.
|Number of decibels||Continuous listening time|
|103||7 ½ minutes|
|106||4 minutes tops|
|109||2 minutes at best|
|112||1 minute no more|
Check your living situation and daily activities to see f you should use some of the top 10 best electronic hearing protection in 2019 for your ears. The hearing is too great a gift to lose when you do not have to lose it.
Some final words
There is no reason to give up those hobbies and noisy activities that you love so much. All you need to do is make sure you are wearing the right protection that fits in with those hobbies. It doesn’t take much investment to help you protect your hearing as you grow older.
Using one of the top 10 best electronic hearing protection in 2019 is the smart way to protect your ears. You can listen to your favorite music as well as practice your shooting at the same time.
Also, you can carry on a good conversation while still wearing the ear protectors. They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and that applies to ear protection as well.